Aug 13, 2016

Cookies and Tea

(The following post was found amongst my drafts of 3 months ago. So as not to lose it, I post it now.)

My house is filled with the aroma of freshly-baked cookies. But at the moment I'm not baking anything, just testing out the smell of a scented candle to make sure it will be suitable for my church ladies' tea tomorrow afternoon. I want them to be greeted with "a smile and a smell". Ok, that just popped into my head just now, it isn't exactly what was on my heart to say.

What IS on my heart these days? Oh, myriads of things...thoughts, feelings, questions, wonders, anticipations, you name it. Our years in God's chosen country of ministry for us is beginning to wind down. Also beginning is that little tear in my heart (read that both ways if you wish). I know that it will end up being painful as it goes in two directions. How can it not? One side of my heart is dreading leaving, the other side is anticipating going. What? How will I deal with THAT?!

But I am not worried about that for I know that when the time comes the Lord will give grace to do these two opposing things...as He has done for many who have gone before me. "My grace is sufficient for thee" He clearly says. For every child of His, for every need, for every heart. I claim that promise for my own.

In the meantime, I will keep on serving my Lord, even if it only means serving cookies and tea. For the moment it is my duty and my pleasure...to serve Him and others.






















Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard,even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments.
(Psalm 144:1-2)


No comments:

Post a Comment