Aug 19, 2016

On This Day

On this day 44 years ago, my husband and I had our first date. He was 21, I was 19, babies we were. We double-dated with my brother and his girlfriend...played some putt-putt, went to Mayberry's for ice-cream, then the two of us sat on a bench outside of the Bible college where we were students. He talked, I'm sure I didn't say much.

One year, eleven months and one week later we were married. And the rest is history.

So today he brought me some green orchids, something I don't think I have ever seen! They are SO beautiful, worthy of a photo session...which I gave them immediately.






Also on this day 50 years ago I was born into God's family. On a Saturday night at the end of a week of "tent revival" meetings in Dayton, Tennessee, I responded to the prodding of not only the Holy Spirit in my heart but that of my eldest sister, Bonnie, who encouraged me to "go forward" and make my decision. Which I did. Since that day, during all of these 50 years, I have never once doubted my salvation, that when I die or when Christ returns, I will spend eternity in heaven.

Now that is worth celebrating!









Only fear the Lord 
and serve Him in truth
will all your heart,
for consider how great things 
He has done for you.
(I Samuel 12:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment